Enjoy a little self-care with this Oil Balancing facial mask! It uses natural ingredients, including some of your favorite essential oils, to help your skin feel refreshed and rejuvenated. Soothing essential oil of lavender reduces the appearance of skin imperfections, and essential oil of Bergamot provides skin purifying benefits. In a few simple steps, you have what you need to give your skin some love.
1 tablespoon organic liquid honey
1 tablespoon of sweet almond oil
2 drops of Bergamot oil
2 drops of lavender oil
1 tablespoon of facial clay
Filtered water (as needed)
- In a small bowl, mix the honey and sweet almond oil. Stir with a metal spoon until smooth.
- Add the essential oils, and keep stirring.
- Slowly add the face clay in small amounts while stirring to maintain a smooth consistency.
- If necessary, add filtered water, a teaspoon at a time, to achieve a smooth but firm consistency that can be smeared on the skin without being too thin or runny.
- Apply the mask to the face with a spoon or fingers, one teaspoonful at a time, starting at the center and working toward the hairline.
- Leave the mask on until it dries – normally about 20 minutes.
- To remove the mask, soften it by lightly pressing a damp, warm cloth against the face. Then use the cloth to remove the mask and rinse if necessary.
- Rinse the face with water and dry with a clean cloth to remove any clay residue.