Childbirth is one of the most amazing and taxing endeavors the human body can undertake. For many women, recovery from childbirth means sensitive skin, especially for those who have tearing or have undergone an episiotomy. Hot water sitting baths and sprays are often recommended to relieve this discomfort.
This natural post-natal soothing spray contains Lavender oil that can be used to soothe skin irritations. It also contains Frankincense oil which comes from a Boswellia tree and is used in Ayurvedic and traditional Chinese health practices. These oils work together to promote a soothing effect.
- 6 tablespoons of witch hazel
- 4 tablespoons of filtered water
- 5 drops of Lavender oil
- 5 drops of Frankincense oil
- Combine witch hazel and water in a small glass spray bottle. (The bottle pictured here is much larger, to demonstrate a larger serving).
- Add Lavender oil and Frankincense oil.
- Shake well and apply to the perineum, or spray on pads for a cooling effect.