Did you know that helichrysum is called the “immortal flower” or “everlasting flower”? This is due to its great rejuvenating benefits for the skin, as well as its use in anti-aging products.
Helichrysum essential oil is extracted from the golden flowers of the helichrysum plant and has a honey-sweet aroma and is – no surprise – a favorite skin care oil. When used externally, Helichrysum can help give your skin that “immortal” feeling as it refreshes and rejuvenates, especially when used on the face.
Want to put the power of Helichrysum essential oil to work for your skin? Try this DIY Helichrysum facial mask at home for the radiant complexion you've been dreaming of.
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil or jojoba oil
- ¼ ripe avocado
- 2 drops of Helichrysum oil
- Puree the avocado until smooth.
- Add the honey, coconut oil or jojoba oil, and Helichrysum oil. Mix well.
- Spread the mask over your face (and neck, if desired). Leave on for 15 minutes and then wash off with warm water.
- Apply moisturizer and enjoy your smooth, hydrated skin.