In the story of the birth of Jesus Christ, the three wise men from the East brought with them three gifts. They brought with them Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh, the three most precious gifts to be found in the East at the time. The incense used for more than 3,000 years is olibanum, the fragrant resin of the Boswellia tree. dōTERRA uses the resin of the Boswellia tree to make the king among oils: Frankincense.
The New Testament records that the Babylonians and Assyrians burned Frankincense during religious ceremonies. Ancient Egyptians used the resin in skin salves because of its aromatic fragrance. This ancient knowledge has ensured that we still use Frankincense today. Frankincense has soothing properties and has a rejuvenating effect on the skin.
As the king among oils, Frankincense is known for its supportive effects on our cellular function. This oil can make its way into brain cells. This means that the oil can protect cells from damage. The oil can also help the body repair damage or trigger cell self-destruction (apoptosis) in cells that are beyond repair. When applied aromatically, Frankincens oil promotes feelings of peace, relaxation, contentment and general well-being. Frankincense from dōTERRA contains many chemical components, making it a jack-of-all-trades.
Sincere & Protected
Frankincense not only works on our physical body, but also has a powerful effect on our mind and emotions. This oil is a powerful purifier of spiritual darkness, revealing deception and false truths. This oil supports in creating new perspectives based on light and truth. Because incense takes you back to the spiritual insight, gifts, wisdom and knowledge the soul brought into the world, it connects the soul to the inner light. As a result, this oil reveals the truth.
The oil also supports a healthy relationship with the father of the family. In the moment when you feel abandoned or forgotten, Frankincense helps evoke the memory of love and protection. It protects the body and mind from external negative influences. Whereas Lavender is the “mother” among oils, Frankincense can be seen as the “father” among oils.
Applying frankincense yourself
- Brain: Mix 2-3 drops with 1-2 drops of Peppermint and smear on forehead, neck and inhale deeply. This mix helps keep cognitive skills awake.
- Winter liniment: 5 drops of Frankincense, 1 drop of Thyme, 1 drop of Oregano, 1 drop of Ginger, 2 drops of Eucalyptus, 2 drops of Cypress and 1 drop of White Fir; mix with fractionated coconut oil and smear on the sternum to support breathing during a winter cold.
- Healing relationship with father: Spray the oil daily.
- Peaceful Heart: In an empty bottle, mix 8 drops of Frankincense, 3 drops of Ylang Ylang, 6 drops of Clary Sage, 10 drops of Wild Orange, 8 drops of White Fir, 15 drops of Geranium and 15 drops of Lavender. Then smear this on the heart with the right hand for a peaceful heart.
- Positive thoughts: Mix 3 drops with 3 drops of Wild Orange in the palms of your hand and breathe deeply. Focus on all the positive things around you.
- Cell Support: Frankincense is one of the oils found in DDR Prime. Take this blend daily for cellular support.
- Baby after birth: Put a drop on the newborn as soon as possible after birth to relieve the trauma of birth. It also helps protect the baby from viruses.
- Anti-Aging skincare: Put the oil on your skin and hands to reduce wrinkles, scars and dry skin. Mix with Geranium, Lavender, Rose, Sandalwood and Myrrh for added support.
- Immune system: Take 2-3 drops or smear it on the neck.
- Crossing over: The moment someone has reached the end of their life, you can diffuse the oil into the room in a diffuser. This helps with breathing, an empty head and emotional peace. The oil can also be used in a massage to relieve tense feelings and to moisturize the skin.