When you spend time in the sun, your skin is not the only thing you need to worry about. Too much exposure to the sun can cause damage to your hair and lead to dry, brittle strands. The good news is that you can use sunscreen to protect your hair, just like the rest of your body. Beauty products with SPF (Sun Protectant Factor) help to block harmful UVB and UVA rays.
If you don’t have a hair product that contains sunscreen, it’s easy to make your own. This simple DIY dilutes sunscreen for easy application and contains Rosemary oil, known for its renewing properties to help promote full, healthy-looking hair. Try mixing up this recipe the next time you’re heading to the pool or beach for extra protection.
- SPF 25 sunscreen
- 3-4 drops of Rosemary oil
- Stir two teaspoons of SPF 25 sunscreen into a cup of water to thin.
- Add 3-4 drops of Rosemary oil and stir.
- Pour the mixture into a spray bottle and spritz on your hair before going outside in the sun or in the pool to protect your color and shine.
- Because the oil and water will separate, shake well before each use.