In ancient Greece, oregano was already used daily because of its flavor and countless health benefits. This hot oil from dōTERRA finds its origin in sun-drenched Turkey. Here, the oregano with its small, round, velvety leaves is lovingly grown, then converted into dōTERRA‘s warm Oregano oil .
Distilled from the fragrant leaves of the Mediterranean herb, Oregano essential oil is a flavorful addition to a variety of dishes. The oil can be used instead of the herb itself. For example, add one drop of Oregano instead of a tablespoon of dried oregano. The oil has a strong taste and has many health benefits. One 15ml bottle contains over 1 kilo of oregano leaves.
Oregano from dōTERRA when taken supports the healthy functioning of several body systems: digestive, respiratory and immune. The oil is most commonly used to support healthy immune function. Oregano supports healthy digestion by promoting digestive juices. You can take the oil by adding a few drops to a glass of water, by putting a few drops in a veggie cap or by using the oil while cooking.
The oil combines well with Bergamot, Cedarwood, Cinnamon, Clove, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Ginger, Lavender, Lemon, Rosemary and Thyme. Dilute Oregano, as it is a hot oil. Only when the oil is used under the feet, it can be applied pure. Dilute the oil with a base oil.
Modest & Flexible
The scent of Oregano can help with a change in emotions. Thus, it can support the change from being affectionate, stubborn, negative, overly stubborn and materialistic to being humble, independent, eager to learn, flexible, willing to admit mistakes and dedicated. Put a few drops in a diffuser before you need to get to work or when the negative emotions are acting up.
Oregano supports healthy digestion. When your digestion is working properly, it is easier to think clearly. This is why Oregano supports clear thinking and a positive attitude.
Apply oregano yourself
- Cleaning: Add a few drops to soapy water to clean surfaces around the house. You can also put it in the diffuser to clean the air.
- Immune system: Put one drop in a veggie cap.
- Digestion: Take the oil in a capsule or add a drop (or less than a drop) to dishes.
- Antioxidants: Yes, Oregano is a powerful antioxidant. Take it in (veggie cap) or smear it under the feet.
- Breathing support: Take in (veggie cap) to boost the respiratory system or smear it under the feet several times a day. A little dilution and then socks on.
- Flavoring: Add less than a drop (use a toothpick) to spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce or roasted chicken.
- Toes & Toenails: Spread diluted Oregano on the foot and around the nails. Regularity is important.
- Promote modesty and independence: Change from dependent, stubborn and negative to modest and independent. Diffuse when the negative emotions are on the rise.