Enjoy a little self-care with this Oil Balancing face mask! It uses natural ingredients, including some of your favorite essential oils, to help your skin feel refreshed and rejuvenated. Soothing Lavender essential oil reduces the appearance of skin imperfections, and Bergamot essential oil offers skin purifying benefits. In a few easy steps, you’ll have what you need to give your skin some love.
1 tablespoon organic liquid honey
1 tablespoon sweet almond oil
2 drops Bergamot oil
2 drops lavender oil
1 tablespoon facial clay
Filtered water (as required)
- In a small bowl, mix the honey and sweet almond oil. Stir with a metal spoon until smooth.
- Add the essential oils, and continue to stir.
- Slowly add the face clay in small amounts while stirring to maintain a smooth consistency.
- If necessary, add filtered water, a teaspoon at a time, to achieve a smooth but firm consistency that can be spread on the skin without being too thin or runny.
- Using a spoon or your fingers, apply the mask to the face, one teaspoon at a time, starting in the center and working towards the hairline.
- Leave the mask on until dry – normally about 20 minutes.
- To remove the mask, soften it by pressing a damp, warm cloth lightly against the face. Then use the cloth to remove the mask and rinse it off if necessary.
- Rinse face with water and dry with a clean cloth to remove any clay residue.