doTERRA Dill Oil Product Description
With a spicy flavor and a variety of health benefits, Dill essential oil is an ideal household oil. In cooking, the sweet taste of Dill can be used in a variety of dishes to enhance the flavor of salads, potatoes, fish, curry, vegetables and rice. Dill oil can also be used internally to support digestion and overall gastrointestinal health, while providing important antioxidants to the body.* Dill’s powerful internal benefits can help purify body systems.* When used aromatically, Dill emits a fresh, grassy scent that can help reduce stress and anxious feelings.
Dill Oil Use
- The Eteric Oil extracted from Dill has the ability to support digestion and overall health of the gastrointestinal tract.* It supports digestion by stimulating the digestive juices in the stomach.* Its distinct flavor can also stimulate the salivary glands to help the digestive process.*
- When used internally, Dill oil provides important antioxidants.* Antioxidants are essential for the body because they prevent oxidation. Put drops of Dill essential oil in a Veggie Capsule and take it.
- Experience the spicy aroma of Dill oil by diffusing it into your home. Dill fills any room with its light, refreshing scent and can be used alone or in a blend of essential oils. For an emotionally renewing diffuser blend, take Dill oil with Bergamot and Lemon essential oils to reduce stress and anxious feelings.
- In addition to the other internal benefits of Dill, Dill oil can be taken internally to help purify the body’s systems.* For quick results, dilute one drop of Dill essential oil in 4 fl. oz. of liquid, and drink up.
- Looking for an easy way to spice up your meals? Use doTERRA Dill oil to prepare your next savory dish – you’ll love the fresh taste it brings. Dill oil is known for its ability to enhance the flavor of various cuisines. Add Dill oil to your marinades, soups, and salads for a sweet, spicy kick that will enliven your taste buds.
- For a peaceful night’s sleep, drink a cup of tea with Dill essential oil before going to bed. This tea is easily made by adding one to two drops of Dill oil to herbal tea before bedtime. The Dill oil, in combination with the herbal tea, provides the ideal brew for a relaxing night’s sleep.
- Canning is a wonderful way to extend the shelf life of perishables so you can enjoy them later. When canning vegetables, add dill oil to the jar before closing the lid. Dill essential oil helps preserve fresh vegetables from the garden.
- Create a dish with rich flavor and culture by making Ildikó’s Hungarian Lángos and Cucumber Dill Oil Dip. This Dill essential oil recipe combines tasty vegetables with sour cream and Dill essential oil to make the perfect companion for delicious lángos. For an impressive Dill essential oil dip that is sure to please, make this dish for your next gathering of friends.
The word “dill” comes from the Norwegian word “dilla” which means “to soothe”. This refers to the calming properties of dill.
Description of the plant
The dill plant, Anethum graveolens, is an annual plant that is widely grown in herb, vegetable and flower gardens. The plant usually reaches a height of two to three meters. The stems of the plant are stiff and hollow and covered with aromatic, blue-green leaves that are separated into thin, thread-like segments. The flowers of the plant are yellow and grow in flattened, compound umbels.1 doTERRA Dill essential oil is extracted from the seed of the plant.
Chemistry of Dill Oil
Principal chemical constituents: carvone, limonene, α-phellandrene
The main chemical constituent of Dill essential oil is carvone. Carvone has a monoterpene backbone with a ketone functional group. According to a recently published study by Brazilian neuroscientists, the type of carvone found in Dill, in an experimental preclinical study, showed a statistically significant calming effect against a heightened state of arousal.* This finding suggests that essential oil of Dill may support healthy nervous system functioning. *
Oils that mix well with Dill oil
Dill oil blends well with citrus oils such as Lime, Wild Orange, Bergamot, and Lemon essential oils for atomization.
Possibly sensitive to skin. Keep out of reach of children. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or under medical treatment. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears and sensitive areas.
doTERRA Dill essential oil (5ml)