To use the essential oils of doTERRA on the skin, for example in a massage, it is always wise to dilute the pure oil first. From doTERRA this is mostly done with Fractionated Coconut Oil, an everyday base oil. This oil is easily absorbed by the skin. The fractionated coconut oil has a soothing effect and provides a soothing skin without clogging the pores, for example.
It leaves the skin feeling silky smooth and not greasy unlike other vegetable base oils. Fractionated coconut oil is completely soluble with all essential oils and is colorless, odorless and will not stain. The oil is liquid and therefore easy to apply during a massage.
Want to read more? Click here.
- The fractionated coconut oil can moisturize the skin without giving off an odor.
- Mix the oil with soothing essential oils like “Balance” or “Lavender” and massage it into the neck and shoulders for deep relaxation. Monir: “FCO”
- Always dilute stronger oils like Oregano with the coconut oil before applying to the skin. This reduces the sensitivity of the skin.
- Make your own personal roller by combining essential oils and this base oil in a bottle with a roll-on cap.
Because this oil is a good base oil for massages or it is useful to know what sizes to use for dilution.
- 20 drops of essential oil in a 10 ml roller, fill up with the fractionated coconut oil.
- During a massage you first use the basic oil on the back, after which 1 to 3 drops of essential oil can be dripped on the back.
Possible skin sensitivity.
Keep out of reach of children.
Consult your physician if you are pregnant or under the care of a physician.
Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears and sensitive areas.
*This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease and the product and its effects have not been tested by the NVWA. If you are ill, you should always consult a doctor.
doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil (115ml)
The fractionated coconut oil from doTERRA is a natural base oil that can be used for diluting essential oils. This can apply to, for example, making rollers or a massage.