- For a DIY (Do It Yourself) room or bathroom refreshing spray, put several drops of White Grapefruit, Bergamot, Lavender, and your favorite fir oil in a spray bottle with water.
- Add 1-3 drops of White Grapefruit to water, lemonade, or tea for a hint of flavor and good digestion.
- Incorporate White Grapefruit into your skincare routine by adding it to your favorite scrub or exfoliator.
- Add a few drops of White Grapefruit to shampoo for extra cleansing properties and a light, sweet scent.
- Diffuse White Grapefruit together with Douglas Fir for a refreshing, energizing, balancing atmosphere.
What is the Difference between Pink and White Grapefruit Essential Oil?
White Grapefruit and Pink Grapefruit are simply different varieties of the same plant. The difference in name comes from the colors of the fruits, but they have similar chemical composition and other characteristics.
What is Grapefruit Oil used for?
White Grapefruit essential oil can be used aromatically, externally and internally.
The lovely fresh citrus scent is uplifting and can be used to create an environment of positivity and confidence. Diffuse White Grapefruit in the morning when preparing for the day or in the afternoon when you need a little extra energy and support. Or put White Grapefruit on diffuser jewelry to carry the scent with you all day. Another way to use it aromatically is by making a natural cream spray or air freshener.
The main chemical constituent in White Grapefruit is limonene, which means the oil is very cleansing and purifying. Use it as part of your cleaning regime or put a few drops in your kitchen sink to make it smell fresh.
Is it safe to drink grapefruit essential oil?
Another way to benefit from Grapefruit’s cleansing properties is internally. Taken internally, White Grapefruit promotes gastrointestinal health and digestion.* It also helps support a healthy metabolism.*
Add a few drops of Grapefruit oil to your water and enjoy the matching taste or try adding it to a smoothie. You can also just put a few drops under your tongue or take it in a vegetable capsule.
Is Grapefruit good for the skin?
Another benefit of Grapefruits cleansing and purifying properties is that they can be applied to the skin. Add a drop to your facial cleanser for a sweet scent and purifying boost! Using grapefruit as part of your evening skincare reduces the appearance of pimples and promotes a healthy-looking complexion.
Because White Grapefruit is a citrus oil, it is light sensitive. This means you should avoid UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying the oil topically. An easy way to do this is to use Grapefruit alone during your evening skincare routine.