You can feel the sun on your skin, hear the black sea murmuring in the background and if you look around you will see the most overwhelming color purple you have ever seen. You imagine yourself in the middle of a lavender field in Eastern Bulgaria. dōTERRA has chosen this sunny and dry Black Sea climate zone as a production center for one of its most valuable oils; Lavender.
For centuries, Lavender was a remedy for various ailments. Herbalists often prescribed a cure of lavender to restore the skin or to relieve worries. Women also used lavender as an accessory in their hair or around their neck. During World War I and II, soldiers carried lavender with them to disinfect wounds, ease fears, and help those in pain. From this beautiful purple plant, dōTERRA has created a natural oil that can be used on a daily basis.
Like any other essential oil, Lavender from dōTERRA has many uses. However, there are four areas that Lavender has a great effect on. When applied to the skin, it supports healthy skin. When the oil is applied aromatically, it reduces anxious and restless feelings, also creating a general calm in the mind. It also relaxes the muscles when there is a lot of tension in the body.
Open communication and calm
Do you have trouble expressing your thoughts and feelings? Do you feel like no one listens to you and this causes inner frustrations? The Lavender Oil from dōTERRA is not only calming and soothing, but also acts on a deeper layer. Lavender opens communication channels, reducing fear of speaking in front of large groups.
For example, if you are afraid of being rejected, apply 1 drop of lavender to your heart. This way you can give your heart the rest and become more solid in your shoes. Does it feel like no one sees or hears you? Or cramped or tense? Just smelling Lavender has a calming effect. Similarly, Lavender can help if you are hiding your emotions.
Lavender is known as the Mother of oils and lives up to its name. If you’ve been introduced to Lavender, this will most likely become the oil you use the most. Lavender oil is a must have oil for children. When diluted, it has the best effect.
Apply Lavender yourself
- Bedtime: Put a few drops on the pillow or under the feet for a good night’s sleep. It also has a calming effect in a diffuser on the bedside table.
- Skin: Dilute the oil with a base oil and apply to the skin. By diluting the oil it stays longer on the spot where it is needed.
- Air freshening: Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water to freshen the air, cupboards, mattresses and clothing.
- Calming: Put 2-3 drops under the tongue or in a diffuser to relieve nervous feelings.
- Relax the muscles: For a muscle relaxing blend, combine Marjoram, Basil, Rosemary or Siberian Fir. Mix these oils with a base oil for the massage.
- Speech support: rub 2-3 drops on the skin of the throat for confident speaking. It also helps children who are learning to talk.
- Toes and toenails: apply Lavender on toes 3-4 times a day. Add Melaleuca to the Lavender oil if necessary.
- Head: Mix Lavender, Frankincense and Peppermint with fractionated coconut oil and apply to temples.
- Relieves tension: 2 drops Lavender, 5 drops Clary Sage and 3 drops Cypress with 1 teaspoon coconut oil. Mix and apply to shoulders and neck.
- Relieves nervousness and agitation: 3 drops of Lavender, 2 drops of Wild Orange and 1 drop of Bergamot with 1 teaspoon of fractionated coconut oil. Apply to forearms for rest and renewed energy.