In the story of the birth of Jesus Christ, the three wise men from the East brought three gifts with them. They brought Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh, the three most precious gifts that could be found in the East at that time. The incense that has been used for over 3000 years is olibanum, the fragrant resin of the Boswellia tree. dōTERRA uses the resin of the Boswellia tree to make the king of oils: Frankincense.
The New Testament records that the Babylonians and the Assyrians burned Frankincense during religious ceremonies. The ancient Egyptians used the resin in skin ointments because of its aromatic fragrance. This ancient knowledge has ensured that we still use Frankincense today. Frankincense has soothing properties and has a rejuvenating effect on the skin.
As the king of oils, Frankincense is known for its supportive effects on our cellular function. This oil can work its way into the brain cells. This means that the oil can protect the cells from damage. The oil can also help the body repair damage or trigger the self-destruction of cells (apoptosis) in cells that are beyond repair. When applied aromatically, Frankincense promotes feelings of peace, relaxation, contentment and general well-being. Frankincense from dōTERRA contains many chemical components, making it a jack-of-all-trades.
Sincere & Protected
Frankincense not only works on our physical body, but also has a powerful effect on our mind and emotions. This oil is a powerful cleanser of spiritual darkness, revealing deception and false truths. This oil supports the creation of new perspectives based on light and truth. Because incense takes you back to the spiritual insight, gifts, wisdom and the knowledge that the soul brought into the world, it connects the soul with the inner light. Because of this, this oil reveals the truth.
The oil also supports a healthy relationship with the father of the family. When you feel abandoned or forgotten, Frankincense helps evoke the memory of love and protection. It protects the body and mind against negative external influences. Where Lavender is the ‘mother’ of oils, Frankincense can be seen as the ‘father’ of oils.
Apply Frankincense yourself
- Brain: Mix 2-3 drops with 1-2 drops of Peppermint and apply to forehead, neck and inhale deeply. This blend helps keep cognitive skills awake.
- Winter Salve: 5 drops Frankincense, 1 drop Thyme, 1 drop Oregano, 1 drop Ginger, 2 drops Eucalyptus, 2 drops Cypress and 1 drop White Fir; mix with fractionated coconut oil and apply to the sternum to support breathing during a winter cold.
- Healing relationship with father: Spray the oil daily.
- Peaceful heart: Mix in an empty bottle 8 drops Frankincense, 3 drops Ylang Ylang, 6 drops Clary Sage, 10 drops Wild Orange, 8 drops White Fir, 15 drops Geranium and 15 drops Lavender. Then with the right hand, apply this to the heart for a peaceful heart.
- Positive thoughts: Mix 3 drops with 3 drops of Wild Orange in the palms of your hand and breathe deeply. Focus on all the positive things around you.
- Cell Support: Frankincense is one of the oils found in DDR Prime. Take this blend daily for cell support.
- Baby after birth: Put a drop on the newborn as soon as possible after birth to relieve the trauma of birth. It also helps to protect the baby from viruses.
- Anti-Aging skin care: Apply the oil on your skin and hands to reduce wrinkles, scars and dry skin. Mix with Geranium, Lavender, Rose, Sandalwood and Myrrh for added support.
- Immune system: Take 2-3 drops or rub it on the neck.
- Crossing over: At the point when someone has come to the end of their life, you can diffuse the oil in the room in a diffuser. This helps with breathing, a clear head and emotional peace. The oil can also be used in a massage to relieve tense feelings and to moisturize the skin.